Electrical and Electronics Engineering is the most important division of almost all of the science and engineering applications. Because of its role in the improvement of civilization, this discipline became a separate engineering profession. In today’s age of electronics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering is one of the main branches of engineering that contribute through professional services towards more prosperous and sustainable society.
The mission of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is to educate the students to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of science and engineering so that they can develop solutions to Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems and enhance their skills on design methods of electrical or electronic devices, microchips, computer hardware, robots, signal and image processing instruments, microwave, communication, control, medical electronics, electric machines, power generation and transmission systems, power equipment, dielectrics and insulation systems. It is aimed to especially emphasize teamwork, independent and innovative thinking, leadership qualities and to educate high qualified engineers for this purpose. In particular, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program aims to:
- Train the students to have theoretical background in basic sciences and engineering and to be equipped with necessary technical skills,
- Develop students' competency in reading, writing and oral communication,
- Provide practical experience which will enable students to utilize and enhance their engineering knowledge,
- Promote students' self-discipline and self-assurance and the ability to learn on their own,
- Encourage team work, collaboration and development of interpersonal skills,
- Motivate the students towards contributing to the progress of science and technology,
- Teach the importance of ethical behavior in social and professional life,
- Produce graduates for the engineering and the business communities who are observant, inquisitive and open to new technologies for developing better solutions,
- Produce graduates for the engineering and business communities with integrity, determination, judgment, motivation, ability and education to assume a leadership role to meet the demanding challenges of the society.